Chapter leaders provide a very important service to the Tasha Tudor Society. They volunteer their time to share Tasha’s work and life with fellow admirers while bringing the magic of her world to new generations. Successful chapter leadership requires significantly more than a deep love of all things Tasha. Leadership and organizational skills plus an interest in being part of a national team are all prerequisites for this position. While each chapter leader has the freedom to envision and create her/his own program of events, we have a number of guidelines to keep expectations clear and systems to help the program run smoothly.
Generally, chapter leaders are expected to:
- hold local events that reflect the spirit of Tasha Tudor’s life and work,
- hold at least one event per year (for a list of chapter events held this year, go to our Events page),
- fundraise for the Tasha Tudor Society in some way,
- be responsive to requests from the Tasha Tudor Society for information about chapter activities,
- be active participants in the Chapter Leaders of the Tasha Tudor Society Facebook group, a private space for chapter leaders to share ideas and inspiration about leading groups and events,
- follow event reporting protocols,
- follow Copyright rules, and
- be members of and in good standing with the Tasha Tudor Society.
In return, the Tasha Tudor Society provides:
- Support: The Director of Programs maintains contact with chapter leaders to provide support, guidance, assistance and encouragement as chapters grow.
- Publicity: Chapter events are listed on the Tasha Tudor Society website and, when possible, in our email newsletters and printed publications.
- Acknowledgement: Chapter activity is shared and chapter volunteers and donors are acknowledged in the Tasha Tudor Society’s award-winning, printed newsletter.
- Connection: Chapter leaders are included in the “secret” Facebook group, Chapter Leaders of the Tasha Tudor Society, connecting a national network of fellow chapter leaders and kindred souls sharing events, ideas and inspiration with each other.
If you would like to apply to start a chapter in your area, download application materials here.